- Generic and infrageneric names in Acacia following retypification of the genus. By B.R. Maslin (Nov. 2005, revised July 2006)
- Overview of classification and phylogeny of Acacia. By B.R. Maslin (first posted to Worldwidewattle 2003).
- Nomenclatural and classification history of Acacia (400 Kb PDF). An unpublished paper by Maslin, Orchard and West (posted to Worldwidewattle in 2003) providing background and supplementary information relevant to the Orchard and Maslin (2003) proposal to conserve the name Acacia.
- Typification and generic synonymy within Acacia
- Table showing main classification systems for Acacia from Bentham (1875) to Maslin et al. (2003).
- Inspect label details of Acacia type specimens held by the National Herbarium of New South Wales.
- International Plant Name Index. IPNI is a web-based database of the names and associated basic bibliographical details of all seed plants. Interrogate this database for any Acacia name worldwide.